Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure , do not see correct device type

Murxy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Perhaps someone here can help me. I am new to Prime Infrastructure and struggling since hours trying to list the Switches we have by Device model or Product ID. We have many different kind of Switches  in our Network like, 24 ports and 48 Port Switches, for instance C2960S-48TS-L  or 2960X-24PS-L, but they get listed as  a “Cisco Catalyst 29xx Stack-able Ethernet Switch”. I would like to see them with the correct Switch Type so I can differentiate them. The 2960cx-8PC_L switch are for instance showing correct. Please see attached Print Screen for better understanding. Someone has any hint to me please, help is much appreciated………… br Robert
PS: I would like to have user definded Group to have 8,24 or 48 port Switches, so I can apply config Fragments to the Interfaces depending of available Ports on the SwitchStack-able.PNG

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bill Longman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My suggestion would be to go the route that you have described -- create user defined groups for the elements. But I would also suggest that you create a user defined FIELD that you can then apply to the devices. For instance, if you create a PortCount field, you could set that to 8 or 24 and then your groups could use that field. That would let you create dynamic groups very easily.

View solution in original post

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

Try this:

- No snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid
- Save config
- reload

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Bill Longman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My suggestion would be to go the route that you have described -- create user defined groups for the elements. But I would also suggest that you create a user defined FIELD that you can then apply to the devices. For instance, if you create a PortCount field, you could set that to 8 or 24 and then your groups could use that field. That would let you create dynamic groups very easily.

Hi Bill
many thanks! for your Seggestion. Will try to implement this
br Robert

With prime 3.4 you can sort by 'Device Type' in Inventory.
In the earlier versions you need to go to Report/reports/psirt and eox to be able to do that.

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

Try this:

- No snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid
- Save config
- reload

t.kraemer
Kudos to you, I just implemented what you suggested and Hoorayyyyy it works :-)
many ,many thanks!!!!
you saved me a lot of work.
Best regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: