cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure email notification for events only from limited group of devices

ymorkotun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!  

I have configured user defined group of my devices where routers and core switches are included.

Does anybody know if I can configure PI 3.0 sent email notification for events only from this group?

For example it is availability of devices.

10 Replies 10

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default, PI does not currently allow you to differentiate your emails on specific devices or device groups. The settings under "Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Alarms and Events / Email Notification" only allow you to turn them on or off for all devices of a given class (Switch, Routers, etc.)

However I believe if you go into "Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Alarm Policies / Edit Interface Alarm Policy " and deselect all but the device groups that are of interest to you that the alarms for interfaces and devices not in those groups will be suppressed.

Then your global notification setting I mentioned earlier should only trigger on devices that have been selected as part of your alarm policy.

(Note - alarm policies were introduced with PI 3.0 Tech Pack 1.)

Hi Marvin,

Can we integrate SMS gateway with PI 2.2 and how we can do that, is there any document.

Thanks Kamlesh

kamlenegi  

There's no feature for SMS Gateway Integration in Prime Infrastructure as of the current latest release (3.0.3 with Tech Pack 1 and Device Pack 4).

Thanks Marvin,

I have gone through your two years back comment and not to understand how to configure.

If you configure PI to email you on alerts, many carriers allow you receive SMS via an email address - i.e. <your_number>@<your_carrier>

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12224426/cisco-prime-infra-and-sms-gateway-integration

Thanks

Kamlesh

That depends on your carrier supporting email as a way to send SMS to your account. It's not a feature of Prime Infrastructure nor can anybody here answer on behalf of your mobile carrier. In my case (AT&T mobile carrier in the USA), I had to first register my phone for the service. Then I configure prime to send to <my mobile number>@txt.att.net

Setting up email destinations is as simple as defining an SMTP server globally and then adding the recipient email addresses in the settings.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/config_server_settings.html#pgfId-1070790

To select only a subset of alarms to be emailed, choose "Configure email notification for individual alarm categories."

Thanks Marvin,

Kamlesh

Hi,

is it possible to modify the default alarm email which is sending by Cisco Prime

Thanks

Tayyab

+91-9871180070

Thanks for your comment Marvin,

But I can't change sevirity of alarm like ineterface or device availability in interface or device health policies. Where can I check sevirity of this policies?

Correct - you cannot change severity.

What you can change is what devices or interface types are included in your Alarm Policy. Once you do that, only interfaces matching the policy settings will generate alarms when they go down.

They will all be of the same severity and, if configured, should generate an email as an action resulting from the alert.

Hi Marvin,

i've a question regrading the Alarm Policy.

i have CPI 3.1.4, and if i'm understanding correctly if i create a group under 'user defined' and then going to the alarm policy --> interface-->link down and put all the other groups in suppress expect the group i created i should getting an alarm only from that group.

but way i'm still getting an email from the all network device? after putting them in suppress.

although i'm not seeing the alarm about their link down (its shown in the EVENT tab). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: