Views
Helpful
Replies

prime infrastructure: image download fails at copying imae to repository

pweichmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help to troubleshoot the issue that I cannot successfully get an additional image into Cisco PI 1.2. As in the screenshot below, it says that the image collection from cisco works and also to staging location,

but the copy to the repository fails.

4 Replies 4

lassebjoern
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm seing the exact same issue. I first noticed it on PI 1.2, but the issue is still present after I upgraded to 1.3.

The interesting thing is, that some images manage to download correctly, but not all...maybe it's a filesize-issue.

Is the repository defined local or remote?

Run the show repository to make sure the repo can be seen from the CLI.

Remember, if the repo is local like in disk:/defaultRepo, a directory has to be created on the appliance using the mkdir disk:/defaultRepo command.  If you don't make the directory, the repo can still show in the running config but you won't be able to show the repository using the show repository command.

In short, the error message in the screen print above clearly points to the repo configuration or lack there of...

thanks, rob

Rob Johnson wrote:

Is the repository defined local or remote?

Run the show repository to make sure the repo can be seen from the CLI.

Remember, if the repo is local like in disk:/defaultRepo, a directory has to be created on the appliance using the mkdir disk:/defaultRepo command.  If you don't make the directory, the repo can still show in the running config but you won't be able to show the repository using the show repository command.

In short, the error message in the screen print above clearly points to the repo configuration or lack there of...

thanks, rob

Hi Rob,

I think you've misunderstood the issue.

In my understanding, you cannot define a repository for image distribution in the PI config, (and from looking at the defaultrepo in my installation when doing an upgrade, no files gets placed there) so I'm guessing that it defaults to some other directory, static defined - And the issue is that PI is unable to place files there.

Regards

Lasse

Hi,

Did anyone ever manage to resolve this? I am having the same issue on Prime Infrastructure 2.0.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: