cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime infrastructure licence question

Rgkett
Level 1
Level 1

My company is currently in the middle of a project in Hong Kong that requires 20  C3850 switches.  with this we are purchasing Prime Infrastructure licenses (from our Contractor/vendor).  the order was recently placed and the quote mentions that it includes L-MGMT3X-3K-K9.  I have since read that this is at end of life and is being replace with DCNM.  The end of Sale date license was Sept 7, 2018 and the Last Ship Date License will be December 6. 2018.   I  have a number of questions regarding this:

1.  is DCNM inherently included with all switches ordered after Sept 7th? 

2. is there a risk to a system functionality or stability if the system includes switches with L-MGMT3X-3K-K9 and others (bought later) with DCNM?

3.  if Cisco has already shipped our switches (which is possible as we have a delivery date of Late December) ... is it recommended to change to DCNM?

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suggest to go to latest version than EoL, if possible you contact local sales and replace with new one, by paying difference values.

Product Migration Options

Prime Infrastructure 3.5 will be the last version to support Prime Infrastructure Data Center. The migration path for customers is to use DCNM for NXOS deployments and ACI for ACI-mode Deployments on data-center devices.

Service prices for Cisco products are subject to change after the product End-of-Sale date.

The Cisco Takeback and Recycle program helps businesses properly dispose of surplus products that have reached their end of useful life. The program is open to all business users of Cisco equipment and its associated brands and subsidiaries. For more information, go to: https://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac227/ac228/ac231/about_cisco_takeback_recycling.html.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: