Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure - Netflow Top N Application Unknown - Custom Services

PatrickOS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured my Prime Infrastructure 3.1 as a Netflow receiver and I can see flows from routers in the Performance overview. In the TOP N Application I see a lot of unknown traffic. I have figured out the details of the unknown traffic (with https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/network-management/how-to-find-application-or-ports-of-unknow-traffic/td-p/2996001) and added custom Services but the I still see a lot of unknown traffic. I have read somewhere that I have do deploy the custom Services also to the devices to have a consistent view. But is this needed to show the custom Services also in Prime? My understanding of this: Router send Netflow data to prime without user-friendly names, just IPs and Ports and other numbers. Prime save this data into a database and during the view it translate IPs and Ports and other numbers to user friendly names. Am I right?

Thanks,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PatrickOS
Level 1
Level 1

I kept searching and found the Bug CSCuw33721. It describe the behavior for Prime 2.2 that only unclassified traffic from the netflow sender will be classify. I checked the netflow sender configuration and it marked a lot of traffic with Application ID of unknown. We change the configuration on the router to not export the Application ID and then Prime classify all traffic with the configured Application & Services in Prime.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

PatrickOS
Level 1
Level 1

I kept searching and found the Bug CSCuw33721. It describe the behavior for Prime 2.2 that only unclassified traffic from the netflow sender will be classify. I checked the netflow sender configuration and it marked a lot of traffic with Application ID of unknown. We change the configuration on the router to not export the Application ID and then Prime classify all traffic with the configured Application & Services in Prime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: