cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure "Current Associated Clients" No Data Available

wshuffman
Level 1
Level 1

We have prime infrastructure 1.3 and the "Current Associated Clients" always shows No Data Available.  Any suggestions as to what would cause this?

5 Replies 5

jordanperks
Level 1
Level 1

SNMP credentials in Prime match the credentials set in the controllers?

Yes everyting else works, and the credentials match between Prime and the Controllers.

Incase anyone else has the issue it is a known bug in Prime 1.3.  The resolve is to upgrade to 2.x.

r-klein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have the same Problem with the actual Version of Prime 2.x.

But the Problem is only when using SNMP V3, all other Data of the Switch i see correctly.

When i changed back to SNMP V1 the "Current Associated Clients" will work also.

I have turnd on the debug for snmp packets, so i see that the switch will send the Data correctly.

regards

End host Tracking needs the Bridge mib data, i.e, the Mac addr table/Cam table entry from device to show end hosts. With the error it is clear that LMS is not able to poll the bridge mib.

Bridge MIB is not as simple as directly polling device for data. It needs SNMP string indexing, which means it has to include @ sign after community to poll each vlan for mac addr's.

For example, the Catalyst switch includes one instance of the standard BRIDGE-MIB for each Virtual LAN in the switch. If the read-only community string is "public" and the read-write community string is "private", one could use "public@25" to read the BRIDGE-MIB for VLAN 25 and use "private@33" to read and write the BRIDGE-MIB for VLAN 33. If just "public" or "private" is used, the BRIDGE-MIB for VLAN 1 is accessed.

This is different when SNMP v3 is used. You have to configure snmp context than, as SNMP string indexing doesn't work on SNMP v3.

If you are using snmp v3, please check the following doc to see how contexts are created :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/system_management/configuration/guide/sm_9snmp.html#wp1070467

If using SNMP v1/v2c please manually poll the device by adding @ on community string and see it works.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: