cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure remove monitoring alerts for WLC

luke_r_godwin
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently inherited an existing Prime Infrastructure server and have been struggling to get my head around how to silence some spurious alerts. At present there is a WLC in the network that is using a single Ethernet link into the network, with the other 7 interfaces unused and unconnected. PI however continues to raise monitoring alarms stating those interfaces are down, which is pointless since I dont care that about that.

My question is then where do I look to tweak this - 'monitoring policies', 'alarm policies' or somewhere else?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to edit setting not to monirot those interface which is not connected - same with other monitoring system example solarwinds, if you ask to monitor all ports, NMS job to send alert, its our task to disable them if not configured or used.

here is the guide for reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_3_0_UserGuide_chapter_01110.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for that link.

Is there a way for me to trace which policy an alert went through?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: