Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure web login issue

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

Hi;

I am about to test the Prime Infrastructure 3.1 but cannot login to the web interface, because it doesn't accept my username and password that I determined with "setup" command. I can establish ssh to it with root username and password but not web interface. 

this is the output of the "ncs status" command:

==================================

cisco-prime/admin# ncs status
Health Monitor is stopped.
Database server is running
FTP Service is running
TFTP Service is running
Matlab Server is running
Matlab Server Instance 1 is running
NMS Server is running.
Plug and Play Gateway is running.
SAM Daemon is running ...
DA Daemon is running ...

==================================

what can be the cause of the problem? even I used "ncs password root password *******" command but was unsuccessful. it unlocked me after repeatedly denying me due to invalid username/password. 

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Following comparision from my installation Healt monitor shouldn't be stopped , but running ; I don't know the wether this relates to your problem; but I guess it should be fixed; I don't  have knowledge details on this, currently; perhaps a reboot ?

M>

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi;

I ran "ncs stop, ncs cleanup, ncs start" commands respectively and again ran the "NCS status" command:

===================================================

cisco-prime/admin# NCS status
Health Monitor Server is running. ( [Role] Primary [State] HA not Configured )
Database server is running
FTP Service is running
TFTP Service is running
Matlab Server is running
Matlab Server Instance 1 is running
NMS Server is running.
Plug and Play Gateway is running.
SAM Daemon is running ...
DA Daemon is running ...

===================================================

but again I cannot login to the web interface with "admin" username and my password. it says "Invalid Username and Password". I changed the pass word with "NCS password root password" again but was unsuccessful. is the web username "admin" by default? because I cannot see it anywhere. 

I searched the net and found lots of people have experienced this problem, but at the end, no one managed to give any answer. 

I appreciate any Cisco internal guy to help us with this really silly problem. 

>but again I cannot login to the web interface with "admin" username and my password. it says "Invalid Username and Password". I changed the pass word with "NCS password root password" again but was unsuccessful. is the web username "admin" by default? because I cannot see it anywhere. 

1) To avoid confusion "NCS password root...." sets the password for the root account and not admin (the latter is done in the running-config; -> hope that's clear); I think both accounts should work for web logon.

2) To avoid password-confusion; if you are using special characters try, for testing, with a plain password such as abc2000

3) If still no go; logon via ssh as user admin; then issue the shell (type 'shell') command ; followed by the sudo -s command; you will now be a unix-root-privileged user on the system

3.1) issue  tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log ; then do a web logon attempt and see what appears in this file; repeat the same cycle for access_log (in the same directory).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I reinstalled the whole VM and setup it from ground up. this time I accidentally test the username"root" and my password for web interface that I setup during the initial setup mode and it was accepted. don't know the reason. there is no such thing in anywhere in Cisco doc. 

username: root

password: the password you have entered during the initial "setup mode" as the answer to the "Enter Web Interface Root Password" question. 

I hope Cisco guys update their doc site to include this simple credentials on their help docs ASAP!

Thanks for coming back and letting us know - I had the same issue and amongst all the comments saying to restart services I found your comment.

Using 'root' as the Username worked.

Hi All, 

I am unable to login to Cisco Prime web page . Could you please anyone let me know what might be the error.

I am getting the error as "this site can't be reached". i am able to ping and tracert the IP.

Ajay

If you have "this site can't be reached" check first  -  ncs status...

For me ncs service is down.

I managed to resolve similar issue by running the following command to reset PI root GUI password

primeabc/admin# ncs password root password acbxyz123<<<<(your password)

lalitkumar88551
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar problem &  resolve  issue by running  reset PI root password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: