cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime LMS 4.1 Alarms problem (lost alarms).

marius.hole
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently implementing the new Prime LMS (4.1), and we met some strange problems with the «Alarms» (footer/bottom right).

Under implementation we had a bunch of false positive alerts, so we went in and ticked of all of them to choose «Own it» and «Clear».

Something happened and the browser crashed, and when opening the browser again and browsing to the “Fault monitor” from “Alarms” could we see that all the alarms was cleared from the view, but LMS was still telling us that there is two alarms (down in the footer/bottom right).

When going into the “Fault monitor” from clicking on “Alarms” we got the “spinning wheel of death”.

Cisco_spinning_wheel_of_death.png

The browser crashes after a while and we have to log in again.

Now, when we have some alarms after rebooting the WLC’s, we get the 6 alarms from interfaces down, but the two remaining alarms it’s talking about is nowhere to be found.

LMS_Alarms_Problem.png

Future more, the browser crashes yet again after a while and we have to log in again.

If we are doing other tasks, and keeping away from the “Fault monitor” everything is working fine.

The browser crash/lms hang occurs only when accessing the “Fault monitor” section.

We have looked everywhere for what is causing this. Something with the two alarms that’s lost in the system keeps the browser/lms to crash. But damned if I can find where to get rid of them / clear them.

Any tip or insight would be wonderful. Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marius,

That are 2 issues you have. I've not seen the browser crash in Firefox 8 so far. Luck maybe.

The other issue of the difference in number of errors in the summary view and  in the fault monitor is more common. Also seen in 4.0 and 4.01.

Unfortunately I have not (real) found a solution for this. Other than reiniting the DFM databases and rps files.

I've done this once to see the problem reapear 2 days later. A week later it was gone again.

I guess the summary is showing generated info and is not doing a real query on the fault tables. The database are undocumented so it will be hard to repair and it may reappear under "some" circumstances.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

The resource consuption in IE is huge. Seems bettter in FF. Don't run it on the server itself !!  (Well unless you doubled the servers specs perhaps)

I thought fault management page is working better in v4.1 than in v4.0. Maybe not....

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

What browsers and which versions of those browsers did you try?

The nasty popup to tell you are using a unsupported version has been removed from LMS prime.

Cheers,

Michel

I’ve tried IE9 (the only Prime LMS supported browser I have), FireFox 8.0.1, Opera 11.52 and Chrome 15.0.874.121.

This does not seem to be browser problem, but more like something with the database. Something is hanging in the system, and I don’t know what and where to clear it away.

Hi Marius,

That are 2 issues you have. I've not seen the browser crash in Firefox 8 so far. Luck maybe.

The other issue of the difference in number of errors in the summary view and  in the fault monitor is more common. Also seen in 4.0 and 4.01.

Unfortunately I have not (real) found a solution for this. Other than reiniting the DFM databases and rps files.

I've done this once to see the problem reapear 2 days later. A week later it was gone again.

I guess the summary is showing generated info and is not doing a real query on the fault tables. The database are undocumented so it will be hard to repair and it may reappear under "some" circumstances.

Cheers,

Michel

I've tried reinitializing all the DFM databases ( https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796 ).

Got rid of the two alarms that was false positives, but the "Fault Monitor" is still really sluggish and ends up crashing the browser. :/

The resource consuption in IE is huge. Seems bettter in FF. Don't run it on the server itself !!  (Well unless you doubled the servers specs perhaps)

I thought fault management page is working better in v4.1 than in v4.0. Maybe not....

Cheers,

Michel

Thank you for advice. As you were saying;

Everything is working much smoother after reinitializing all of the DFM databases and opening "Fault Monitor"

using FF.

I had a case open concerning the issue that the fault bar reports a wrong number of critical faults. TAC was able to resolve the issue and should publish a patch.

Greetings

Rufer

Thats cool Mathias,

Did TAC give you a bugid?

Did the 'resolution' consist of something else than reiniting the DFM databases ?

Cheers,

Michel

Well it is related to CSCtq07224 but the patch didn't work in our case and we had to execute some weird SQL statements in the DB reader. TAC promised to fix this for 4.2

Not sure if I can publish here what TAC sent me.

Hmm It says first found in version 4.2 in the bugid 

I'm interested in the SQL (You may send me a private message if you are willing) but if you post it here put a big

"Don't try this a home" sign with it.

DBreader is nice but be sure to have a backup before you start.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: