Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime LMS 4.1 - Error CM0210

fernando.w
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

The device below were synchronizing the configuration file correctly at few weeks ago, like reported below:

*** Device Details for 10.1.6.6 *** 

Protocol ==> Telnet 

Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH,RCP,HTTPS,SCP 

Execution Result:

CM0062 Polling 10.1.6.6 for changes to configuration. 

CM0065 No change in PRIMARY STARTUP config, config fetch not required 

CM0065 No change in PRIMARY RUNNING config, config fetch not required 

CM00 Polling not supported on VLAN RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch. 

VLAN 

CM0060 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for 10.1.6.6, version number 16 archived. 

Today when I'm trying to manually sync again, I receive the PARTIALLY SUCCESSFULL error message below. Note that this behavior occur only to running config fetch process

*** Device Details for 10.1.6.6 *** 

Protocol ==> Telnet 

Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH,RCP,HTTPS,SCP 

Execution Result:

RUNNING 

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for 10.1.6.6 Cause: CM0210 Unable to generate processed config Action: Verify that archive exists for device. 

VLAN 

CM0060 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for 10.1.6.6, version number 21 archived.

I have another devices that have other behaviors, but with the same CM0210 error message.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance

Fernando.

2 Replies 2

fernando.w
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just updating my problem.

I was investigating the dcmaservice.log file and at debug level I found an error as shown on log entries below:

[ Wed Sep 19  11:53:10 BRT 2012 ],DEBUG,[Thread-1056],com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedDcmaIOS.analyzer.IOSConfigletRules,loadRules,38,Loading IOS configlet rules from the file : com/cisco/nm/xms/xdi/pkgs/SharedDcmaIOS/analyzer/IOSConfigletRules.ser

[ Wed Sep 19  11:53:10 BRT 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-1056],com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedDcmaIOS.analyzer.IOSConfigletRules,loadRules,42,Could not locate configlet rule file : com/cisco/nm/xms/xdi/pkgs/SharedDcmaIOS/analyzer/IOSConfigletRules.ser

[ Wed Sep 19  11:53:10 BRT 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-1056],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,archiveNewVersionIfNeeded,1115,CM0210 Unable to generate processed config

[ Wed Sep 19  11:53:10 BRT 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-1056],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager,updateArchiveForDevice,1583,Error archiving config for 10.1.6.6

[ Wed Sep 19  11:53:10 BRT 2012 ],DEBUG,[Thread-1056],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager,updateArchiveForDevice,1585,Exception..CM0210 Unable to generate processed config

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager.archiveNewVersionIfNeeded(DeviceArchiveManager.java:1117)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.updateArchiveForDevice(ConfigManager.java:1457)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.performCollection(ConfigManager.java:3307)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.CfgUpdateThread.run(CfgUpdateThread.java:27)

I didn't found the file "IOSConfigletRules.ser" and even the directory "xdi" (com/cisco/nm/xms/xdi/) inside of all "xms" directories under the "NMSROOT".

I believe that is the problem, but I don't have another LMS Server that I can copy this directory structure.

Please, anybody can help me?

Fernando.

Hi Fernando,

just had the same problem. The solutions seems to be to update all the device packages (check out

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2173332?tstart=0).

After doing the update it to work.

This procedure would copy any missing files (e.g. IOSConfigletRules.ser) . Possibly only updating

"Inventory Config And Image Management" would be enough.

Please rate if helpful

Ingo