Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Planning Mode ignores exclusion region

derobert87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i am wondering if this is by design that Planning Mode in Prime ignores exclusion region marked on map? I Have a building with staircase and elevator lobby in the middle of it and I marked it as excluded but in planning mode this is not taken into consideration and algorithm is placing AP in excluded area anyway.

This is a problem i had since 3.4 version and now on 3.8 it still works the same way. Is there a chance this will be fixed someday?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure to follow the pasted instructions from the guide completely :

Define Exclusion Region on a Floor

To further refine location calculations on a floor, you can define areas that are excluded (exclusion areas) in the calculations. For example, you might want to exclude areas such as an atrium or stairwell within a building. As a rule, exclusion areas are generally defined within the borders of an inclusion area.

To define an exclusion area, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1

Choose Maps > Site Maps (New).

Step 2

From the Domain Navigator left sidebar menu, select the applicable floor to open the floor view page.

Step 3

Click Edit at the upper right corner of the page.

Step 4

In the Overlays panel, next to Location Regions, click Add.

Step 5

In the Location Region Creation window, select Exclusion Type drop-down list

Step 6

Click Location Region. A drawing icon appears to outline the exclusion area.

Step 7

To begin defining exclusion area, move the drawing icon to a starting point on the map and click once.

Step 8

Move the drawing icon along the boundary of the area you want to exclude. Click once to start a boundary line, and click again to end the boundary line.

Step 9

Repeat Step 8 until the area is outlined and then double-click the drawing icon. The defined exclusion area is shaded in purple when the area is completely defined. The excluded area is shaded in purple.

Step 10

To define additional exclusion regions, repeat Step 5 to Step 9.

Step 11

When all exclusion areas are defined, choose Save to save the exclusion region.

Step 12

Select the Location Regions check box if it is not already selected, click Save settings, and close the Layers configuration page when complete.

Step 13

To resynchronize Prime Infrastructure and location databases, choose Services > Synchronize Services.

Step 14

In the Synchronize page, choose Network Designs from the Synchronize drop-down list and then click Synchronize.

You can confirm that the synchronization is successful by viewing two green arrows in the Sync. Status column.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello Marce,

I understand Inclusions and Exclusions on map and they are working fine on real scenario when i have a real APs deployed and placed on map.

But here I am talking about "Planning Mode" where Prime is trying to automatically discover best placement locations for future APs. In this mode exclusions and inclusions does not work, system automatically uses whole map and ignore applied exclusions. So my question here - is it designed that way or is it a bug?