cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime

oneirishpollack
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of upgrading our wireless system. As part of the project, it is suggested we deploy Prime NCS. Is it worthwhile? We use an NMS now (Foglight) and it does a decent of network monitoring and management.

Basically, can I get your feedback and opinions on Prime?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

predrag2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My opinion and experience is not that good for the price you are paying at this moment. First of all the technical support is really bad for this product. There is almost two months since I reported issues with it and the CRs are still open. I have pretty basic topology but have large number of devices.

For example Autonomous 1250 Aironet cannot be added to the infrastructure for some uknown reason while 1240 with same settings work perfectly. TAC case is open for almost a month now and no resolution at all. Another is with switch ports which Cisco cannot reproduce in their labs but they are aware of the bug, the TAC engineer wants to close the case since they cannot reproduce a problem but they know it exists...

Right now I am considering of other monitoring software for this task and I think we will migrate really soon if these issues are not resolved.

Predrag Petrovic

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

predrag2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My opinion and experience is not that good for the price you are paying at this moment. First of all the technical support is really bad for this product. There is almost two months since I reported issues with it and the CRs are still open. I have pretty basic topology but have large number of devices.

For example Autonomous 1250 Aironet cannot be added to the infrastructure for some uknown reason while 1240 with same settings work perfectly. TAC case is open for almost a month now and no resolution at all. Another is with switch ports which Cisco cannot reproduce in their labs but they are aware of the bug, the TAC engineer wants to close the case since they cannot reproduce a problem but they know it exists...

Right now I am considering of other monitoring software for this task and I think we will migrate really soon if these issues are not resolved.

Predrag Petrovic

Thank you for the feedback.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Please go through the product details, which answers why NCS ( part of prime Infrastructure bundle )

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps11682/ps11686/ps11688/data_sheet_c78-650051.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: