Views
Helpful
Replies

private /public and execution

michaelatef
Level 1
Level 1

for ciscoworks LMS 2.5

1) why in config editor -> Job Schedule their is "execution" tab (used to set the order of device deployment) by logic it should be used in netconfig where you can deploy to multiple devices, not in config editor to where one device managed at a time !!!!

2)when editting a config file it's saved either public & private (i though that the difference between the two is that private for the editor and public to anyone) i tried it with diferent accounts but i viewd all files in public & private)

i'll be gratefull for any clarification

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. You can select multiple devices in Config Editor. You can do this from the Public/Private archives or from the Config Editor Jobs screen. The typical usage is just one device at a time, though.

2. This appears to be a bug, but it's not clear if this is intentional behavior. It does seem very counter-intuitive though, if it is.

yes i got the first point ...greate

> but what about the differnce between

public and private software archive ?

thanks so much 4 ur reply

I have confirmed that RME is working as designed. The private config archive is a legacy feature brought up from RME 3.x. In 3.x, private configurations could not be accessed by other applications such as ACL Manager. However, all users are able to manipluate configurations in both archives.