cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
1537
Views
8
Helpful
13
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Problem in Campus Manager Data Collection !!

hi every one I have an anoying issue which I appreciate if anyone could help me work it out

there are some devices which I could not add to CM , athough all of them are currently in DCR and their credentials are OK as I checked with RME, even when I include them in device management, they didn't appear in the campus manager devices .

please please help me !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Since these are all switches, how are they configured?  Do they have distinct hostnames?  Are they configured for clustering?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager is this?  What types of devices are affected?  How exactly are they affected (i.e., do they appear at all in Campus)?

Highlighted

Campus Manager Version is : 5.2.0

Devices are; Catalyst 2960 & Catalyst 3560 & Catalyst 3550 . (7 devices)

they are all in Common services device list , and even in RME , but they dont appear in campus manager they are in included devices and they wont appear even when I include them .

thank you

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

You should first upgrade to LMS 3.2.1, which includes CM 5.2.2.  This release contains numerous bug fixes that correct problems with Data Collection not completing and could fix exactly the issue you describe.  LMS 3.2.1 can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282635181&flowid=16561&os=Windows&softwareid=280775102&release=3.2.1&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all .

Highlighted

I will install and post the results ,

thank you indeed .

Highlighted

Dear Joseph

I have installed the lms3.2.1 and my campus manager was upgraded to 5.2.2 but still there are 8 devices which

are not shown in campus manager, when I apply auto allocation mode it is said that 8 new devices will add but after

discovery there is no more than previous 240 devices which I had.

thank you

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Since these are all switches, how are they configured?  Do they have distinct hostnames?  Are they configured for clustering?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

In LMS thier hostname are their IP's and definitely are distinct,

and they are not clustered.

thank you

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

If you've checked the unconnected devices list and they are not there, you could try reinitializing the ANI database.  However, that will cause all of your UT data to be lost.  It may get those missing devices added.  However, a better recommendation is for you to open a TAC service requet so more troubleshooting can be done.  There may be a simpler alternative.

If you are interested in the database reinit procedure, check out https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796.

Highlighted

I have reinitialized the ANI and everything re discovered but those which are noticed before !!!

I made a group and assigned 2 of them on that (192.168.200.248 and 192.168.100.18) I changed the allocation mode and

set it to only alocate devices which are in that group and the result was 0 devices after Data Collection !!!

192.168.200.248 is WS-C2960S-24PS-L

192.168.100.18   is WS-C2960-24TT-L

Highlighted

You saId:

In LMS thier hostname are their IP's and definitely are distinct,and they are not clustered.

if you TELNET or SSH to these devices what hostname do you see at the prompt ?

This name is what Joe meant when he said hostname should be distinct.

Cheers,

Michel

Highlighted

thank you Michel;

I understood  what Joe said and I am 100 % sure that those hostnames are either distinct .

thank you

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

I think you will need to open a TAC service request so debugging analysis can be done.  The ani.log will need to be collected after a Data Collection is performed to see why those devices are being excluded.

Highlighted

Finally I found the reason why my devices are in included devices ;

it was very simple because I have too many same hostnames,  I changed the hostname to be unique and it still have those devices in the included !!!  after every changing we you to reinitialize the ANI server with the apropriate command (

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

)

and then start the discovery .

It is finished , thank you very much indeed Joseph you have mentioned about hostnames but after changing the hostname I didn't run to reinitialize the ANI , we have to do that before starting new discovery .


Content for Community-Ad