Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with HUM and Cisco 6500

I've problems with hum and cisco 6500, the interface utilization is not working except for 2 interfaces which run older systems with 10 half duplex. Everything higher is not working.

Errors:

ifHCOutOctets Gi1/1 Permanent 1 No Such Instance - The specified instance is not available Thu, Nov 12 2009, 17:42:11 CET

ifHCInOctets Gi1/1 Permanent 1 No Such Instance - The specified instance is not available Thu, Nov 12 2009, 17:42:11 CET

ifHCInOctets Gi1/10 Permanent 1 No Such Instance - The specified instance is not available Thu, Nov 12 2009, 17:42:11 CET

ifHCOutOctets Gi1/10 Permanent 1 No Such Instance - The specified instance is not available Thu, Nov 12 2009, 17:42:11 CET

ifHCInOctets Gi1/11 Permanent 1 No Such Instance - The specified instance is not available Thu, Nov 12 2009, 17:42:11 CET

ifHCOutOctets Gi1/11 Permanent 1 No Such Instance - The specified instance is not available Thu, Nov 12 2009, 17:42:11 CET

ifHCInOctets Gi1/12 Permanent 1 No Such Instance - The specified instance is not available Thu, Nov 12 2009, 17:42:11 CET

ifHCOutOctets Gi1/12 Permanent 1 No Such Instance - The specified instance is not available Thu, Nov 12 2009, 17:42:11 CET

Templates used:

Template Details

Template Name: Interface Utilization MIB2

MIB Variables: ifSpeed

ifInOctets

ifOutOctets

Template Name: Interface Utilization

MIB Variables: ifSpeed

ifInOctets

ifOutOctets

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to load this template and add it to the device that was giving me errors and remove the Interface Utilization and now I do not get the errors.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of HUM are you using? What version of code is running on this switch? Post the running config of the switch.

Hello,

LMS 3.2 with HUM 1.2.0

Cisco 6509

Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SXH3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Thanks.

I see no reason why the high capacity counters would not be populated for these interfaces. Post an SNMP Walk of the ifTable and ifXTable using SNMPv2c for this device.

I used an extra self made template, and now it works....

I also changed the retry counter.

Thanks for your support.....

I got the same problem. Could you explain how you created a extra self made template?

Thanks,

Ken

Hello,

I think that the retry counter fixed the problem.

Try that first....

Regards,

Henk

Thanks for the reply. I changed the retry counter from 1 to 3 but got the same error. I got a template for monitoring interface utilization from slower speed interfaces by calling TAC per another forum discussion with same problem. Its been 4 hours and I have not recorded 1 error.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you post that template overhere?

Thanks,

Henk

I was able to load this template and add it to the device that was giving me errors and remove the Interface Utilization and now I do not get the errors.

Thanks, I will try this one too.

Regards,

Henk

Would this template works for a 3750?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: