cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Network Assistant on Mac OS/X

rfriedlaender
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Macbook Pro and are having problems with running the application.  The version of CNA is 6.3.4. My OS/X version is 10.14.x.  The error I am getting is a startup error "Error in Runtime.exec."  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

13 Replies 13

datformatieBV
Level 1
Level 1
System Version: macOS 10.14.3 (18D109)
Kernel Version: Darwin 18.2.0

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 252.0.0.0.0

10.14.4 Beta (18E184e)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

kixlicensing
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same exact error when I try to run the app for the first time after installation. I have macOS Mojave 10.14.2

Anyone have an idea?

ruslan-matrix
Level 1
Level 1

The same problem.

Network Assistant Release 6.3.4

iMac 10.13.6 (17G6030)

Hello,

From terminal

$sudo su

#cd /Cisco_Network_Assistant

#java -jar Launcher.ja

Worked for me

Tried this and I get "Unable to access jarfile Launcher.ja" but ls shows the Launcher.jar file there.  Any ideas?

Cisco_Network_Assistant cide$ java -jar Launcher.jar works fine to launch Cisco Network Assistant version 6.3.4!

- However, I previously had an older version installed which Ran and Launched from the normal shortcut. (The Blue Cisco one).

How would I make a new shortcut - or am I stuck always having to launch from Command Line?

Although I rarely, If ever use this application, Having functioning application icons is an OCD thing, And a must for me.

At the very least I want to thank Darius R. for the working solution... And sorry to necro this post!

Hello,

I wonder if you can do this with Automator. I found a tutorial that explains the process. You obviously need to replace the shell script with the lines @Darius R. came up with. Have a look at the link below, it is pretty straightforward...

https://ericbt.com/Vault3/automator

Bingo! What a nice tutorial, as well. I had no idea that I could do these things with Automator until now! Thank you so much. I guess after 10 years I am still learning things about my OS X. Currently staying with Mojave (10.14) as long as I can, I wish Apple had Microsoft's level of software support for their OS or at least 5 Years per OS release...

Hello,

I seem to recall that Automator was introduced in the Yosemite release. It really is a nice tool to automate all sorts of things...

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- CNA  is old and no longer supported , will probably give conflicts related to try to run on latest Mac OS/X and or these could be related to java incompatibilities too (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you very much,

I can confirm that using Automator, I made a basic shell script as suggested to run the command. It was 2 lines.

CD "/Users/Username/Cisco_Network_Assistant"

java -jar Launcher.jar

And saved it into applications folder, and I have a perfectly running piece of obsolete software!

My thoughts at the moment are, If not using this Application, what was the replacement for Cisco Network Assistant, for managing Cisco network products? I'm afraid I haven't kept up.

>.... what was the replacement for Cisco Network Assistant, for managing Cisco network products?

- The replacement product was https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/datasheet-listing.html , which nowadays has a successor too (but it still widely used) : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/nb-06-dna-center-data-sheet-cte-en.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: