Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with SyslogAnalyzer

denis.korablev
Level 1
Level 1

HI ALL

I have some problems with CiscoWorks SyslogAnalyzer and need help.

I have configured syslog on my switches/routers and directing it to the ciscoworks server under solaris. I infact get these syslog messages on the log file generated in /var/log/syslog_info

SyslogAnalyzer really started, and then I check Syslog Collector status, I can see a number of syslog messages....

I trying check up syslog for any device in RME

(i.e. from Severity Level Summary), and I can see number of syslog messages for this device, but then I trying to read syslog messages, I received an error: "Invalid Record received from Server. Discarding the Record"...and noting, just empty page...

This problem make me unhappy already more two weeks...(

Is anybody has any ideas?

ps Merry Christmas & Happy New Year for All )

3 Replies 3

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

In the control panel you will have to reset the locale/ language settings to US English.

Control Panel>Keyboard>Input Locale

Click Add and select US English.

If you still have the problem, then try the second solution. Resetting the database. If you plan on doing this, remember to back up the entire \CSCOpx\databases\rme\ directory. Enter this commands on the command line:

net stop crmdmgtd

cd CSCOpx\databases\rme

del rme.db

del syslog.db

del rme.log

copy orig\rme.dborig rme.db

copy orig\syslog.dborig syslog.db

net start crmdmgtd

Than you for help, but my RME under solaris, and this

not correct decision ). but I solve this problem in 2 days after post - I just set en_US locale in solaris box and all work fine...

I think this problem in the following - one java servlet parse syslog file and encode entries to default locale language (ru_RU.koi8-r in my case) before writing it in rme syslog database. But when tomcat trying read syslog database

, he is trying encode entries to iso8859-1 (I dont understand why...), and return this error :

java.io.CharConversionException: Not an ISO 8859-1 character: Î

robertsd4006
Level 1
Level 1

Just a thought..something similar happened to me on Windows 2000. Do you have VMS installed on the same box? For example, management center for VPNs or firewalls. If so, these need to be removed. It seems that VMS has it's own syslog server that conflicts with CW's. Good luck. David