Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems in adding 3750 device pkg in SNMS 1.5

Sonugnair_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I recently installed SNMS 1.5 on a windows 2000 professional machine with java 1.4.2 & IE6. My problem is that i can view the 4500 switch but none of the 3750 switches. On viewing the installed device packages i found that 3750 device package was not installed. So i tried to install the package using the package updater option. But when i select hard disk/CD_Rom option for specifying the location of zipped package IE throws up an error saying that an enexpected error has occured & then the windows closes.

I tried reinstalling SNMS, installing the IDU 5 reinstalling java etc but still the problem persists.

Then i tried the staging area on the server option. But how do i specify the staging area? Where do i put the 3750 device pakgs?

I can view the 3750's in Cisco Network Assistant.

I would need some help in this. :-)

Thx & regards

Sonu

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sonu,

depending on your CD you have the Upgrade 1 is located on the CD directory Name: CWSNMS15Update1.

Best reagrds,

Frank

View solution in original post

Sonu,

The SNMS Update1 is only available on the installation CD.

There is a directory called "Update 1".

If you don't have it, the only way to get is is to contact your Cisco Accounting team to get it...

Pierre

PS: once you have it, go directly to IDU 13 and not 12... 12 requires IDU 8 before... while IDU 13 can be reached directly

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

plaurien
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sonu,

What part of SNMS does not processes the 3750s?

If it's RME, you'll have to install RME IDU 13 from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme

If it's CiscoView, you need the Cat3750 package from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cview50

(README files explain how to install them)

Pierre

Hi,

I upgraded to IDU 5. When i try to upgrade to IDU 12 it says to install Ciscoworks SNMS 1.5 upgrade 1. I searched a lot via CCO but cant find this particular patch (Ciscoworks SNMS 1.5 upgrade 1)

Pls help.

Regards

Sonu

Hi Sonu,

depending on your CD you have the Upgrade 1 is located on the CD directory Name: CWSNMS15Update1.

Best reagrds,

Frank

Sonu,

The SNMS Update1 is only available on the installation CD.

There is a directory called "Update 1".

If you don't have it, the only way to get is is to contact your Cisco Accounting team to get it...

Pierre

PS: once you have it, go directly to IDU 13 and not 12... 12 requires IDU 8 before... while IDU 13 can be reached directly