Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems Installing Cisco Works 4.2 Evaluation Version

Hello, I'm trying to test Cisco Works LAN Management Solution 4.2

I have a partition in my laptop to test this software but after the installation process i'm unable to access via http to the server,

I does not display anything.

Please help me!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you running your Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 in 64-bit mode? That is required.

The LMS application (server and associated processes) will generally start automatically after installation and/or after a reboot or restart of the server (OS).

To manually start a non-running LMS you should be able to type "net start crmdmgtd" from the command line. If that works, pdshow should then be able to give you process status.

Your installation process should have generated an lengthy installation log in your server's root directory. Check that .log file for anything that states "fail".

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check you adhere hardware/Software complaince for installation as per the LMS 4.2 Prerequisite.

You should see the processes if they are running properly. To check you can run command from install'ed server :

NMSROOT/bin/pdshow

I am not sure, as why you have mentioned laptop partition? Have you tried installing it on you PC?

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Yes, I'm trying to install it in my PC. I have two operating systems (Windows 7 and Windows 2008 with Service Pack 2).

Windows Server 2008 Evaluation Version.

I'm going to check the processes. By the way, NMSROOT is the folder where Cisco Prime Lan Management Solutions is installed?.

Thanks for helping me

Doublecheck your prerequisites as Vinod suggested. LMS is very particular about you meeting ALL the prerequisites exactly. If some are missing it will notify you during installation. Others may not generate an error but will leave you with a non-working setup.

When you machine starts, it takes as long as 15-20 minutes for LMS to be fully functional. There are many background processes started by the daemon manager. There is a shortcut to see if all are finished starting by watching for the "ready" folder (NMSROOT\objects\dmgt\ready is the default location) to be empty. As CiscoWorks LMS starts up, that folder will at various times have lock files put into it as the processes start.

The pdshow command enumerates the status all of the background processes.

Yes, NMSROOT is the parent folder for your installation. The default location for NSMROOT in Windows is under C:\Program Files\CSCOpx. You can confirm on your installation by checking your environment variables under Windows Server.

Hello Marvin,

Thanks for your quick answer.

The pdshow command is not working. I think theres no process running.

The ready directory does not show any lock files.

As for the pre requisites i have checked them:

Recommended: 8 GB RAM and 16 GB swap space

My computer is an I7 640 M with 8 GB RAM. I have configured the swap space and currently i have installed two operating system. Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Service Pack 2 for LMS evaluation.

I have noticed when it starts the installation it says all pre requesites satisfied. Also,'it says net start no a valid win 32 aplication].

I will try to reinstall and i will tell you about the installation messages.

Are you running your Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 in 64-bit mode? That is required.

The LMS application (server and associated processes) will generally start automatically after installation and/or after a reboot or restart of the server (OS).

To manually start a non-running LMS you should be able to type "net start crmdmgtd" from the command line. If that works, pdshow should then be able to give you process status.

Your installation process should have generated an lengthy installation log in your server's root directory. Check that .log file for anything that states "fail".

Hi Marvin,

The installation went well. I was able to access to the server but after reboot i get a blue screen with this error

The procedure entry point NtSerializeBoot could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.

I'm installing Cisco Prime Soluction in other partition.

At least, i'm happy that i can access to the server, but can't access to Windows

The error "NtserializeBoot could not be located in the dyamic link library ntdll.dll" seems to be a Windows related error due to some missing dll files.  It looks like your Windows install is corrupted.  You will need to fix your Windows install first and make sure you are complying with requirements for LMS as stated previously.  Besides that, make sure you comply with the below things when you install LMS:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

If the above is taken care of and you still have issues, you can post the LMS install logs under your C drive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco