cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with operation of HUM

g.palavecino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, today from 10:15 I found HUM problems, specifically: Unable to get database connection. upmdbengine Either process is down or connection pool is exhausted. Cisco review documents and the recommendation is to lower and raise the service, but this option is not available, since the service HUM database engine is starting and I can not stop or start unless you delete the application dvsrv10.exe. The forum is post the same problem and I tested the script to change the password for the BD and the problem persists.

I have suspicions the virus, because when I connected to the remote desktop server virus warnings I saw that you deleted dll files. Etrust antivirus and virus is associated conticker

Regards,

Guilliano Palavecino R.

Communication Support Enginer

Adexus S.A

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your database is corrupt.  If you do not have a known good backup of LMS, you will need to do a reinitialization as described in my database troubleshooting document.  You said you performed some steps from this document.  Exactly what steps did you perform?  That is, what commands did you run?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

g.palavecino
Level 1
Level 1

please, help me.....

information rescued from the event view of Windows events

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The database is in a starting state which could be an indication of corruption.  The database engine should move quickly from Stopped to Started.  What errors do you see in the Windows Event Viewer?

Hi Joe,

The windows event view messages are:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SQLANY 10.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date:  5/4/2010
Time:  1:21:36 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: TATIO
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( SQLANY 10.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: UPMDbEngine, *** ERROR *** Assertion failed: 101405 (10.0.1.3694)
Invalid access to a NULL image.

Event Type: Information
Time:  1:21:36 AM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( SQLANY 10.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: UPMDbEngine, Normal shutdown of service UPMDbEngine.

With these messages start problems

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

After rebooting the machine

Time:  10:23:38 AM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( SQLANY 10.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: RMEDbEngine, Starting service RMEDbEngine.

Time:  10:23:40 AM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( SQLANY 10.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: RMEDbEngine, Successfully started service RMEDbEngine.

Time:  4:42:22 PM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( SQLANY 10.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: UPMDbEngine, Starting service UPMDbEngine.

Hi, try to apply the document published in the forum (LMS Database Troubleshooting) And did not work.

I did not get results when you change the key database. Then run perl script line and the console does nothing, I should abort with ctrl + c.

Then, try to apply the recovery procedure from a server crash,

first: net stop crmdmgtd

Second, try deleting the file upm.log

delete: NMSROOT / databases / upm.log. the system throws an error, the file is in use

Third, apply the next treatment stage of the proceedings and can not be due to an error

Please, help me.....

Your database is corrupt.  If you do not have a known good backup of LMS, you will need to do a reinitialization as described in my database troubleshooting document.  You said you performed some steps from this document.  Exactly what steps did you perform?  That is, what commands did you run?

Joe, thank you very much, I resolved the problem. Being implemented badly command procedures.

Apply the steps to Recoveringfromaservercrash.

very, very thank

regards,

Guilliano Palavecino R.

Communication support enginer

Adexus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco