Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Putty 0.60 SSH issue with 1101 - Verison 17

So our company has swapped out some of our 809/819's for 1101's. Some of those have version 16.12.03, some have 17.02.01. The ones with version 16 will allow SSH into it without issue. I can ssh from a version 16 - 1101 to a version 17 - 1101. I can't direct SSH from Putty 0.60 to aversion 17 - 1101. Both 16 and 17 are running ssh version 2. 

When trying to directly SSH into a version 17 - 1101, i get a putty error saying "the server unexpected closed the network connection"

We do have version 16 in flash, but didn't know if this was a known bug or not?

(P.S. - Yes I know that version of Putty is a dinosaur, but having this on a secure jump box and getting cyber to allow us to file transfer into that secure jump box to update putty is a nightmare.)

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does it work with another ssh-app ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

M,

As i mentioned it's like pulling teeth to get any type of file transfer to this very tightly locked down jump box, so Putty 0.60 is the only terminal emulation program installed. 

- Look at the logs of the 1101 when this happens, perhaps more info can be found.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

There could be a change in the default ssh cipher  in the 17.x code and putty 0.60 does not support these new cipher. Try to enable  ssh debugging on the router and look at the ciphers putty is sending and what the router supports.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: