cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Running Configuration Status" always Pending in CW2000

giuseppetn
Level 1
Level 1

I have an instance of Cisco Works 2000 (Resource Manager Essentials Version 3.4; RME3_4_IDU-11_0 installed) running on a Solaris 2.8 system.

I change some attributes to some routers (Administration -> Inventory -> Change Device Attribute): the read/write community, the read only community, TACACS Username and TACACS password. Of course, I have verified that the values of these fields are all correct. Then, I select Configuration Management -> Update Archive, the router selected in the first step is shown; I select it and I realize the the "Running Configuration Status" mask shows the router always in the Pending status.

Using a snmp query, I can read the tipology of the router:

system.sysDescr.0 : DISPLAY STRING- (ascii): Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.3(14)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

Why I don't succeed in getting the router configuration? Why the router status is always Pending?

Can anyone help me?

In the file /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/error_log these lines have been written:

UPDATE IMPORTED_DEV SET Access_Id = 2 WHERE Device_Id = 962

[Tue Sep 20 09:33:25 2005] [error] [client 220.31.17.225] File does not exist: /opt/CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/ui/wizard/CrmApplet$COMClassObject.class

What does it mean?

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe

1 Reply 1

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That particular error_log entry has nothing to do with the hanging "Running Configuration Status". What about using snoop/sniffer to see what's going on?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card