Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Added Device not visible in DCR but visible in RME


I added a 3560G-48TS Switch to the DCR with the following:

- Device Type: Unkown Device Type

- Device Name

- Host Name

- IP Address

- User Name / PW

- SNMPv1 Community String

Unfortunately the Device isn't visible in DCR, but is in RME where a configuration was already collected.

After I try to readd this Device with the correct Device Type i get a message that this Device is already present.

Some Informations:

- Recently upgraded from LMS 2.6 to 3.1

- Previous added Device is displayed in a correct manner

- No im NOT using ACS-Mode

I'd be gladful for any help you can provide.

Joe Clarke
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

How does the device show up in RME? Is it appearing in the device selector?

It does appear in the Device Selector under "RME"

Joe Clarke
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Please post a screenshot.

Ok i hope i interpreted "Device Selector" in the correct way as shown in the screenshot.

As shown there i've added 2 Devices.

The "...TestSwitch"-Device is visible in DCR and RME, but the new Device ist only visible in RME.

The Test-Device was added before the Upgrade to 3.1. and is still fully operational inside the whole LMS.

Joe Clarke
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

This is certainly strange. This perhaps points to missing data in the DCR tables in the cmf database. Are you able to see the device in dcrcli:

dcrcli -u admin

dcrcli> lsids all


I issiued the commands in cmd.

All the Defices where listed.

dcrcli> lsids all

Total number of devices in DCR:2

List of devices:....

ID = 1 (...TestSwitch)

ID = 2 (BER-BE-SWT03)

(Remark: The dots where added manually by myself, since that Information may be used to identify a customer)

I've also issued the "detail" command.

dcrcli> detail id=2

Display Name = BER-BE-SWT03, Device ID = 2

This is a Standard device.

MDF Type : Cisco Catalyst 3560G-48TS Switch

Sys Object ID:

IP Address:

Host name: BER-BE-SWT03

Primary Username:

Primary Password:

Primary Enable Password:

SNMP V2 RO Community String:

If i'm connecting manually to the Device with Telnet i'm not forced to provide a enable-pw. I've added the same password for standard login in the enable-field.

Still RME was able to receive the config.

Ok NOW i'm really confused!!

After 1 1/2 day's of headache i did a second restart.

Well, i dont know how to describe my astonishment as i actually saw the Device in DCR...

Like i said, i'm pretty confused right now. I just don't understand it. Maybe someone can give me a hint what was the cause.

Joe Clarke
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

I can't answer that. As I said, not seeing a device in DCR when the you do in other applications is strange, and not something I typically see when the server is not integrated with ACS. I suppose if it's showing up now, it is possible there was a problem with CMFOGSServer previously. It must have bee running or RME would not have shown the devices. However, it may have been in a bad state.

Content for Community-Ad