cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reinstalling LMS 3.2

Margaret Tonso
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having some frustrating issues after unsuccessful attempts intalling the RME 3.4.1 update. RME no longer is working as it should, and stops managing the devices for reasons unknown to me. Just to start fresh, would it be possible just to reinstall LMS 3.2? Do I have to uninstall anything first? I am running LMS on Windows enterprise Server 2003, sp 2. Thank you in advance.

-Maggie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will lose everything unless you have a known good backup.  In that case, once LMS is reinstalled, you can restore your backup to retrieve all of your old data.  Yes, you can also reinstall over the existing LMS.  However, without knowing what is wrong, I cannot say if either approach will buy you anything.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without knowing exactly what is wrong, I cannot say if a reinstall will fix anything (or what you should reinstall exactly).  However, if you want to blow away all of LMS 3.2, and start from scratch, that is certainly doable.  Just launch the CiscoWorks uninstall application, and remove everything.  Then reboot, and reinstall from the LMS 3.2 DVD (or downloadable installer).

Thanks Joe. By doing the uninstall/reinstall, will I lose all my device information and settings that I have now? From your answer, it sounds like I will lose everything but just thought I'd verify. Can I reinstall over the existing LMS without performing the uninstall? Can I retain my device info this way?

Maybe I am not needing to reinstall LMS but it's been an ongoing issue for a month now with no resolution to the 4.3.1 upgrade issue and RME being broken.

You will lose everything unless you have a known good backup.  In that case, once LMS is reinstalled, you can restore your backup to retrieve all of your old data.  Yes, you can also reinstall over the existing LMS.  However, without knowing what is wrong, I cannot say if either approach will buy you anything.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: