Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement for CCP?

Does anyone know if ever Cisco will come out with a replacement for Cisco Configuration Pro?  I'm looking at upgrading my desktop to Windows 8 (on windows 7 now) and I've heard there are issues.  I've always despised the fact that CCP required Internet Explorer, why did Cisco go this route and not make something stable like ASDM?  ASDM is much more stable, and runs on other platforms (and not just windows).

Also, my co-workers and I have been having issues with CCP crashing on us, or hanging, etc.  It's really not very reliable!

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing's been announced.

I wouldn't be surprised to see CCP updated for Windows 8 compatibility. I would be (pleasantly) surprised to see it re-architected to not be built on the IE foundation.

ASDM (Java-based), while better, has its issues - every time a Java update comes out I cringe that it will break ASDM. Only happens about 30-40% of the time. :-p

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: