Views
Helpful
Replies

Required network solution

ManojKumar37257
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am attaching here a network topology. Please provide a solution with 99.99 % up time.

1) Goal to achieve 99.99% up time.

2) Required connectivity for every user to the internet with complete redundancy.

3) Must require redundancy between core switch(Catalyst 9500) and router 4431.(Please refer attached snaps.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

here is the basic config to start with (thinking that you are not peering with BGP with ISP)- if you have BGP then the configuration will be different.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routing/200785-ISP-Failover-with-default-routes-using-I.html

once you make the necessary configuration and having issues, please post the config for us to assist to tweak.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You topology looks good and can be achieved as per your requirement.

is this ISP / Internet only 1 connection or 2 connections terminated to 2 routers? - if 2 connection then you covered most of the redundancy part.

you need to set up VIP IP between Routers and IP SLA to track the link for failover.

BB

Hi,

Thanks for your reply . Can you share any configuration related document.

here is the basic config to start with (thinking that you are not peering with BGP with ISP)- if you have BGP then the configuration will be different.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routing/200785-ISP-Failover-with-default-routes-using-I.html

once you make the necessary configuration and having issues, please post the config for us to assist to tweak.

BB

Hi Balaji,

I appreciate your help for the documents forwarded by you but i required documents for HSRP redundancy between two core switches and two routers for which i have shared network topology in the earlier discussion.

Sure the document has information, make configuration accordingly, and let us know if you stuck anywhere we can start guiding you to work for you.

BB

Hi,

Please refer this HSRP solution under below link. Your vote is important to me as well as others to slove their HSRP (Hot Standby Router Protocol) configuration problem.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/community-ideas/how-to-use-hsrp-network-redundency-reliable-network-solution/td-p/4648365

Regards/mallawar123

Sisira
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: