cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restoring back a Client who was REMOVED using Cisco Prime

chalmer-ra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, if I have remove a client using Cisco Prime Infrastructure how do I re-enable or allow it back in to the network.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I presume that since Prime is only for Network Management, this will have no effective impact on the client as far as Network Access is concerned , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

If the client is reconnected on the network he will be able to continue work. I don't see an option to how you could disable client access using prime? Did you delete an mac address/or shut down a port? 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

I have removed the client using the "remove" option. after removal  the client/laptop can see the network SSID but cannot connect. can you help where to check? Network has two WAP controllers C1,C2. Before client can connect between the two. Client  was removed using "CPrime". Client  connecting only to one controller C2. Client was removed again, now Client cannot connect to Wifi Network.    

- Check if you can change the status of the client in Prime by going to Monitor > Monitoring Tools > Clients and Users.
                                                                                                                   ==> Try to find the client
    (Since that is reported by the WLC I would consider that the particular client still manageable  by Prime.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks Marce. I have done this I can see the client mac address and client WAP connection history but since the client was removed and unable to connect to the network. I only get  " Client is no longer connected to the network" and cannot find an option to restore. I tried to browse the manual CPRIME has a section REMOVE a client but cannot find the RESTORE section.   

Is "REMOVE" mean removing only on CPRIME? and not boot me out of the network, meaning I could still login/join and automatically be restored back again? but not the case...I am denied connecting to WAP..   

chalmer-ra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi this Issue is resolved. Solution was found. Praise! GOD who opens the eye of the blind and grants wisdom.

Many thanks. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card