Views
Helpful
Replies

restoring backup to LMS4.2 from LMS3.2.1

kerim mohammed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

i tried to restore backup from LMS3.2.1(windows)  to LMS4.2 virtual appliance. once the back up is completed, the home page takes forever to load. i opened TAC case, and the only way out seems to be configuring from scratch after importing the devices. i, imported the devices and this didn't cause any problem. But, making the configuration from scratch is something i would like to avoid if possible.

thanks,

Kerim

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Kondaveeti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abdul,

I believe you have followed the procedures mentioned in the following links properly.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/install/guide/instl.html#wp1709680

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/install/guide/instl.html#wp1743797

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/install/guide/dmg.html#wpxref77180

At this point based on the problem description what extra i can tell you is to do the following and check.

1)    Setting the properties variables in one properties file.

Try this:-

For LMS getting started page:  Disable the launch of Getting Start page by default (as the first page after log in). Follow the below steps:
              a. Open the properties file name “gs.properties” under the path /<>/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwlms/WEB-INF/classes/com/Cisco/nm/gs/ui
              b. Update the field IS_DEFAULT_PAGE as “false”
              c. Clear the browser cache and login-in(Daemon restart not required but would suggest to do the reset of casuser and daemon restart just as precautionary measure).

2) Reset the casuser and see if it resolves the issue. (This is considering the OS of the system as Windows).

Procedure to reset the casuser.

1. Open a command line in the CiscoWorks server.

2. Go to the following path:

NMSROOT\setup\support

3. In this path, please type as follows:

resetCasuser.exe

4. Then, the next will be displayed:

Please select the following option to proceed.

==============================================

1. Randomly generate casuser password.

2. Enter casuser password.

3. Exit.

==============================================

Please enter a valid option:

5. Choose option 1.

*** Remember to restart Daemon Manager after this:

NMSROOT# net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT# net start crmdmgtd

Then also if the issue is not getting resolved then as suggested by TAC you may need to do the configuration from scratch.

Regards

K. Lakshmi Ganesh

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: