Views
Helpful
Replies

Riverbed and Packet Shaper

josephn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone use both riverbed and packet shaper configured as inline mode in the following setup:

SW->Riverbed->PS->Router

Will we lose any reporting visibility from the Packet Shaper?

3 Replies 3

thetnaing00
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

actually this is not very appropriate to answer this in this forum which is dedicated to cisco product.

but we used that kind of set up before and yes i will affect the visibility as riverbed replace the packet ip. for RIOS 5 you can set up to be transparent mode to overcome this issue.

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Do you the right forum to discuss on this type of solution?

Yes, I'm aware of RIOS5 capability but there are also some caveats which was addressed by Riverbed and one of them is the possibility of a routing loop which can't be detected due to the transparency setup.

regards,

Joseph

Hi,

I have a small query. i was actually pushing for Cisco WAAS appliance however one of my clients is adamant for having Riverbed solution for WAN optimization.

Now my only concern is that if i deploy the Steelhead CXA-00770-B020 model, 

will i be facing any inter-operatability issues with a Cisco 4500 series switch?

and if so, is there a document that will provide me a list of the issues i might encounter.

Help please.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: