cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.3 SWIM > Images from CCO don't appear in library

jason.aarons
Level 1
Level 1

Resource Manager Essentials > Software Management > Library > Add Images > From CCO > PickHardware & IOS

Click Download Now, Essentials downloads the image. The Add-to-Library Summary dialog box appears with

successful". Click Browse Library only to find the image you just downloaded isn't there?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080080dce.html#19570

I have extensive experience with RME, this is RME under Solaris. I'm not certain what is wrong with RME. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

jason.aarons
Level 1
Level 1

Further testing seems to indicate this is only a problem with 3750 images. Any ideas?

Add-To-Library Summary

Filename Subset Image Platform/Device Status

c3750-i9k91-mz.122-20.SE3.bin CATALYST 3750 SMI CRYPTO IMAGE cat3750-1100.fcgis.com Successful

However the 3750 image never gets in the libary.

Hi,

do you have latest IDU installed?

I think IDU 10 is necessary for 3750 support...

Regards,

Milan

3_5_IDU -10_0 Resource Manager Essentials 3.5 Incremental Device Update 10.0 Dec 01 2004 10:15

I'm just trying to pull the image from CCO and put it in the library. The image was supported by IDU 10.

This was the response from TAC;

I didn't find a bug id, but this is the information I have for you:

.bin images for 3750 is not supported for swim jobs in Ciscoworks because:

In RME, the 3750 device is supported as a stack only and not as a individual device. and for upgrading a stack --meaning to upgrade all the devices in it with the same image, we use the archive download-sw command which accepts a tar file as the input.

If we need the IOS only image to be upgraded in the Stack, then we need to use the archive download-sw command /imageonly option with input as tar file.

Both accepts the tar file only as input to the archive command. Also we asked the device team about the support of the bin image upgrade and they were not

for it and Hence we blocked the bin images of 3750 from getting added to the library.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: