cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME suspended devices

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I am attempting to ensure that all of my devices are getting their configs archived. Yesterday, I noticed that many of the devices listed in the "failed" category are devices that are currently not connected to the network. I placed these devices in a suspended state to prevent RME from trying to pull configurations from these devices. However, these devices are still showing up under "failed" devices in the configuration archival summary.

Is this a bug or am I just missing the point of "suspending" a device?

Cheers -

Jeff

5 Replies 5

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

You haven't mentioned what software or version you use but I have notice this behaviour on RME 4.0.4.

The suspend should stop the device from participating in the configuration collection.

I was suprised to still see the devices in the failed list while they were suspended mentioning that that might be suspended in the error message.

I hope I understand this right that only config management is stoped when the devices is suspended but that inventory and syslog continue as usual.

Cheers

Michel

I am seeing exactly that with LMS 2.6

does anyone know how to fix this?

RME is working as designed. If a device is in a suspended or pre-deployed state, the pre-fetch checks will fail (i.e. the device will not actually be contacted). Since RME is only aware of Success and Failure from a device point of view, this is treated as a Failure. Admittedly, this is confusing, but the overall job should still be reported as a Success (provided there were no real failures).

ok, but is there a way to have these devices to NOT show up in the "failed" list in archive management?

No, not with the way RME currently operates.