cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME4.0.5 Config Archive Failures

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed LMS206 on W2003. On of the first things is to archive the config. I am using TELNET to sync the config with no success when aaa is enabled with local authentication on the devices; when aaa new-model is removed, all succeeded. This might be the username/prompt issue. How can I solve this problem?

I also tried RCP. All failed with error: permission denied. The commands in the switch are as follows:

ip rcmd rcp-enable

ip rcmd remote-host xxxx 10.70.211.202 www enable

where xxxx is local username and www is owner in RME.

any other things I missed?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the DCR credentials under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management for this device to resolve your telnet problem. Make sure that the correct username and password are entered there. If you use custom Username/Password prompts, add them to NMSROOT/objects/cmf/data/TacacsPrompts.ini.

As for RCP, check the username configured under Common Services > Server > Admin > System Preferences, and make sure "www" is the RCP username.

Thanks jclarke,

I got TELNET work by editing device credentials in RME>Devices>RME Devices.

RCP is still not working. Where is the local-username configured in RME?

As I said, Common Services > Server > Admin > System Preferences. The default RCP User is "cwuser".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: