cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router RV160W VPN configuration

JackCao63098
Level 1
Level 1

Just wonder if this RV160w Router support class A subnet or not, and which Cisco VPN router will support Class A subnet?

Try to configure this subnet 10.0.0.0/8 (255.0.0.0), and keep getting error.

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Which error are you  getting ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Try to configure VPN site to site tunnel, when enter the IP address for Remote Group as below and giving me the Error message "The IP Address setting conflicts with an existing interface". I am thinking this router might not support Class A networks. any idea to configure this router to support below subnet?

Remote IP Type : Subnet

IP Address:  10.0.0.0

Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0

Since the error message mentions conflict with a local interface can you provide information about the configuration of all of the local interfaces on your router? I am guessing that you have one or more interfaces that use subnets in that class A network.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

land.png

only have above subnet(VLAN) set up as default configuration.

Thank you for the additional information. In the original post you suggest that perhaps this router does not support the class A network 10.0.0.0. This output clearly shows that this is not the issue. In attempting to configure the vpn you are trying to say that the entire class A network 10.0.0.0 is remote. But the router is saying that can not be the case because this subnet of that network is local10.55.107.0. That is the conflict. Without knowing more about your environment it is difficult to know what to suggest for resolving the problem. But it seems likely that what you need is a more specific definition of what is remote for the vpn than the entire class A network.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

But when I  change the remote subnet to 10.1.0.0/16 (255.255.0.0) and it is working fine. only get the error message when the remote subnet set to 10.0.0.0/8 (255.0.0.0).

Knowing that it does work when you configure the remote subnet as /16 confirms what I said in my previous response. Are you satisfied that you have a solution that works? Or is there some reason why you want the remote subnet to be /8?

If you really want the remote subnet to be /8 then you will need to change the subnet of the Lan on your router, perhaps using a 172.16 subnet.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I do need to set the Remote subnet as /8.  Since the remote subnet /16 has no conflict with the router subnet /24, why the Remote subnet /8 having issue. Am I doing something wrong or it is the limitation of this RV 160W router?

What you are doing does create the problem. It is not a limitation of the RV160W. When you use 10.1.0.0/16 it does not conflict with your local subnet. But when you try to say that the entire 10.0.0.0/8 is remote it is not possible to have 10.55.107/24 as the local subnet. As I suggested before you can resolve this by making the local subnet in a different network than 10.0.0.0.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick, would you mind to explain a little more detail how the remote subnet 10.0.0.0/8 conflict with my local subnet 10.55.107.0/24?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco