cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Run only one instance of a specific EEM applet of a at one time.

pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup IP SLA to generate a syslog message for an event. I then have an EEM applet watching for that syslog message. The EEM applet run time is set to be very long (upto several hours), only to end when the network becomes stable.

Given the right conditions, IP SLA will generate multiple syslog messages that could trigger multiple EEM applet instances. I wish to prevent that so only one instance of this EEM applet is running at one point of time.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Pankaj

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Honestly, this sounds like a bad design.  Long-running EEM policies are discouraged, and it sounds like you could accomplish what you want by using multiple, short-lived policies.  You might want to have a look at https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12723951/how-introduce-large-delays-eem-policies for what will likely be a better solution.

That said, if you wanted to prevent multiple applets from running at the same time, you can drop the applet thread count to 1 using the command "event manager scheduler applet thread class default number 1"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: