Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W Network configuration.

Hello, 

I've just received my RV110W which I ordered to extend my network. 

It is connected to a lan on my CISCO SRP527W. 

Then,

1- I connected first my new routeur on its WAN port and configured 2 Vlan (Private and Guest) with two DHCP. 

Problem; When connected to the private lan, it is impossible to see and exchange with the others computers connected on the first main router… This is normal. 

2- I connected my new routeur on one of its LAN ports and configured 2 Vlan (Private and Guest) with two DHCP. 

I Designed the DHCP for the VLAN 1 as RELAY. 

In this condition, there's no problem to access and share with the other computers connected on the first main router but the GUEST VLAN do not have any access to INTERNET. 

I tried lots of things but impossible to get this new router both connected and share into the PRIVATE Network and the GUEST Network access to Internet. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks. 

3 Replies 3

Any Ideas?

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I find your description of what you have done and the problems you encounter to be confusing. Perhaps posting some information from the config might help us to understand the issue. Or perhaps a diagram showing how things are connected might be helpful.

The one thing that is clear is about Guest vlan not having access to Internet. There are several things that might cause this. First I suggest that you check and see if there is address translation for those addresses as they attempt to access the Internet. If address translation is ok then I suggest that you check and see if the first main router has a route for the subnet of the Guest vlan.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for your kind reply, 

I don't see which route relation could be exist between the main routeur and the second one. the second routeur doesn't need to the first one to work. 

The only thing that I need is to have a DHCP relay on the second routeur connected on one of its Lan port to the first routeur (this is clear and works well). 

But in this condition the Vlan guest activated on this new routeur do not have any internet access. May be I need to execute a route but I don't Know how to do. 

If I connect the cable to the WAN port, both Private and guest Vlan works but the DHCP relay with the first routeur is not possible.