cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Time Stamp incorrect in log

ctilexcom
Level 1
Level 1

Since upgrading the RV325 Firmware the time stamp in the log file appears to have the incorrect time.

I notice when I clear the log and log off and then log back in the time appears correctly. However, once an additional entry is recorded the timestamp does not change. I use time.nist.gov to keep the correct time and have also used a timeserver IP address neither seem to matter. Has anyone noticed this too?

21 Replies 21

cjsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Yes this is horribly broken.  Every log message has the same timestamp.   Please fix.

Has Cisco offered a fix to anyone??

Installed latest firmware.  STILL broken.  Same ts on all messages.  Very frustrating when troubleshooting.  

opion
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue, even with the latest firmware. 

I just upgraded to FW 1.4.2.20 and STILL the log file issue has not been resolved.

The log file fails to update

Fails to list the date & Time correctly

Clearing the log , restarting the device does not correct the issue

Is there going to be any corrective action by the developers? Or is this just a flaw that you expect us to live with?

Anyone has an update on time stamp freeze in logs?

Just updated to latest firmware, but still having the issue.... Will they ever solve it?

Still broken for me too. Guess this is just too complex a problem for Cisco engineers to solve. But fret not, this router is near end of support so you will be justified in replacing it with a Ubiquity EdgeRouter.

The time stamp issue has been broken since the first firmware update. And
has never been addressed.

richard.smiles1
Level 1
Level 1

This happened on your router ever since we upgraded firmware to 1.4.2.22 which i believe is still the latest version. 

It broke about 2 revisions back and remains broken to this day.

thomas
Level 1
Level 1

I see the same issue on my RV320 (same FW, version 1.4.2.22).

This is very annoying and from the replies here I can see that Cisco does not seem to bother fixing this. I also checked the release notes of the latest FW version, the problem is not even listed in the "known issues" section.

In the last few years, I bought and used 4 Cisco Small Business Routers: RV110W, RV130W, RV320, and RV160W. All of them showed severe problems: stability issues, breaking https-connections (e.g.: https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv130w-doesn-t-work-reliably-especially-when-using-wifi/m-p/3192171/highlight/true#M33941), overheating, and finally this time stamp issue, which is essential if you need to analyse problems in the network (e.g. spam bot). What a shame, Cisco!

This was definitely the last Cisco Router I bought for personal use or for my company. And I will also discourage others from buying. Thanks @Ggiordantx1 for pointing to https://www.ui.com/products/#edgemax I will definitely have a look!

Hey everyone,

I opened a ticket with a separate issue, but I pinned this issue in there as well. I've been working with a tech this morning and he will be escalating to engineers to fix this issue. Updates to come.

Thanks for your efforts!

Any news on that?

Hey Thomas,

Just emailed support again to follow-up and here is their temporary solution:

"

Hi Cory,

The only easy fix is to setup a syslog server off of the router. This will need to go to the group that works on the firmware on the RV320. I will get this escalated to get them aware of this issue after I get back from lunch.

"

For syslog, download TFTP32 and open the "Syslog Server" tab. In the router, enter the IP address of the computer/server you're working at and want the syslog messages stored on. And of course enable syslog. As said in the email, he'll investigate with the RV320 Team to see what's up. Hope this helps!