Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Port Forwarding from specific IP range

Marc_Lalonde
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have different printers that we need to be contacted from an outside IP range. They way I set it is through Port Forwarding, like this example:

External Service (PRINTER4) / Internal Service (PRINT) / Internal IP Address (x.x.x.x) / Interfaces (Any)

"PRINTER4" is set to port 9104 whereas "PRINT" is set to port 9100.

This works fine, except that anyone from outside connecting to port 9104 can connect to my printer. This leads to some garbled text printout, very frequently.

I have tried following the answer to this thread : 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/rv340-restrict-port-forwarding-to-specific-ip-address/td-p/4148098

The access rules created are as such:

Action (Allowed) - Services (IPv4:PRINTER4) - Source Interface (WAN1) - Source (x.x.x.0/24) - Destination Interface (Any) - Destination (x.x.x.x)

Action (Denied) - Services (IPv4:PRINTER4) - Source Interface (WAN1) - Source (Any) - Destination Interface (Any) - Destination (x.x.x.x)

Even after adding these 2 rules, anyone from outside can access my printer through port 9104.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

First check if Rules status is enable. Probaly will cause this is the default behavior when creating the ACL, but just to make sure.

Considering it is enable, the deny is not working cause the permit matching everything. Only is the first rule doesn´t match is that the second rule will be appied.

Now, the first rule is not working cause . If you are filtering based on the wan interface, this should meant that traffic originated on the wan interface would be permited, which is all traffic coming from the internet.

the way I see it, you should identify which IP address you are hiting on the router, when you are remotly, them permit that Ip address or network and deny everything else.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card