Level 1

Here's what happens:

"

snmpget -v 1 -c public 192.168.1.1 ifOutOctets.10 ifInOctets.10
Error in packet
Reason: (genError) A general failure occured
Failed object: IF-MIB::ifInOctets.10

IF-MIB::ifOutOctets.10 = Counter32: 49617462
[ben@virserv ~]$ snmpget -v 1 -c public 192.168.1.1 ifOutOctets.12 ifInOctets.12Error in packet
Reason: (genError) A general failure occured
Failed object: IF-MIB::ifInOctets.12

IF-MIB::ifOutOctets.12 = Counter32: 88973600"

But

"snmpget -v 1 -c public 192.168.1.1 ifInOctets.12
IF-MIB::ifInOctets.12 = Counter32: 43379733"

As a result, mrtg no longer works with v1, v2c or v3 configuration (reboot doesn't change the issue either). It almost acts as if the RV345 is sending extra bytes with the response from the RV345.  Has anyone else had this problem and (other than changing the source code of mrtg) can anyone point me to a resolution??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

proalias1
Level 1
Level 1

SNMP is one of those  things you configure just infrequently enough to forget how to do it properly. My rv345 (and I suspect all of them) will only answer numerical (Counter32) queries one at a time. MRTG's answer to that not unusual problem is to insert ther line "SingleRequest= Yes" in mrtg.cfg and then it works swimmingly. [ I recall that there are equivalent snmpget codes somewhere to accomplish that]

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use , the latest firmware available ,check if  that helps.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

proalias1
Level 1
Level 1

SNMP is one of those  things you configure just infrequently enough to forget how to do it properly. My rv345 (and I suspect all of them) will only answer numerical (Counter32) queries one at a time. MRTG's answer to that not unusual problem is to insert ther line "SingleRequest= Yes" in mrtg.cfg and then it works swimmingly. [ I recall that there are equivalent snmpget codes somewhere to accomplish that]