cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350-28P save configuration

dewayned
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SG350-28P. We are adding another UPS into the rack today. I had to do a shut down of power. When bringing it back up, and logging into the switch, the password no longer works. I tried to reboot it again, but it was the same. I tried the previous password, and the default. Nothing would work. As a last chance effort, I decided to just go backward in time through all of my previous passwords. (Fortunately I use a password app that keeps all passwords.) When I got about 3 changes back, it worked and prompted for a new one, since too much time had passed. Once logged in I found that most of my port IDs had reverted to default. I had read that if I consoled in and changed the password, that if I didn't copy the running config to the startup config that it wouldn't save the configuration. Is this normal behavior?

Update. I think I just realized what may have happened. I will go ahead and post this for information. I think I may have failed to click the save button on the top of screen, and only clicked apply when making changes. 

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
hat if I didn't copy the running config to the startup config that it wouldn't save the configuration. Is this normal behavior?

if you dont save and comitt the config, this no longer saved.

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card