Views
Helpful
Replies

Signing byte-encoded TCL script for EEM

asadovnikov
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I am trying to figure out how to sign a TCL script which is distributed in byte-encoded form.

The byte coding is performed with TCL pro (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tclpro/files/TclPro-1.4.1/)

Any pointers on how to do it will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Alexei

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Customer-signing of EEM policies is not yet feasible.  Only the Cisco trustpoint is supported, and when that is enabled, unsigned policies cannot run.  More flexible signing support for EEM Tcl policies is coming in a future version of EEM.

Thanks.

When the feature is introduced, it would be great if there was a way to sign byte encoded scripts.

I believe it is slated for EEM 3.4, but I do not have an ETA on that release date.

asadovnikov
Level 1
Level 1

Just to clarify...

Are you saying that

EEM 3.4 or some such release will support 3rd party signing of byte encoded TCL scripts, OR

EEM 3.4 or some such release will support 3rd party signing of TCL scripts while possibility of signing byte encoded script is uncertain?

Thank you

EEM 3.4 should support third party signing of Tcl policies.  As to whether or not byte-code compiled policies will be supported is uncertain.  However, you should be able to sign a byte-code compiled Tcl script (regular Tcl script, and not EEM policy) by putting the signature after the closing tbcload '}'.  I assume the same thing will eventually be doable with EEM.

Thank you so very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: