Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP energywise create an event

gimp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I'm devolopping an SNMP application to monitor my Cisco energywise device.
I'm using CISCO-ENERGYWISE-MIB to query the switch's database.

I'm able to get and set througth my query all the information I need,
But I can't create an Event even if CISCO-ENERGYWISE-MIB allow this (cewEventTable Access = read/create). I get bad value from the switch.

is somebody able to create an event throuth SNMP? or more general add row in a table?

Michel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did some more searching, and it seems creating events via the cewEventTable is not yet supported for the current release of EnergyWise.  The internal bug is CSCtc17050.  I do not have an ETA at this time on when full support is planned.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what version of code is running on your device?  What are the exact SNMP SETs you are doing?

Hello Joe,

My device are Cisco Ip phone and Cisco Cam, but dosn't matter what kind of device is, I'm querying the switch and it's interface.
In accord with CISCO-ENERGYWISE-MIB, the cewEventTable is:

cevEventIndex, not accessible
cewEvenTlevel, read-create
cewEventRecurrence, read-create
cewEventTime, read-create
cewEventStorage, read-create
cewEventStatus , read-create

and the indexes are: entPhysicalIndex(the interface where the device is plugin), cewEventIndex (uniqe numbers).

So my set is:
cewEvenTlevel MIB + 1004.20 =   10
cewEventRecurrence MIB + 1004.20 =  1
cewEventTime MIB + 1004.20 =   (date)
cewEventStorage MIB + 1004.20 =  2
cewEventStatusl MIB + 1004.20 =  3(createANDgo)

where 1004.20 are respectably : entPhysicalIndex and cewEventIndex.

Michel.

What I wanted to know was the type of switch and its IOS version.

Yes you right,

This is the information: C3560-ipservicesk9-m version 12.2(53)SE

Bye!

Are you really using 3 for the row status?  The value 3 is notReady, not createAndGo (which is 4).  Also, what is the exact cewEventTime value you are using?  I couldn't see any obvious bugs in the code.

Hi!

I tried with several value in row status, but the only response is Bad value...

The exact cewEventTime I used is: 30 0 * 1,6,12 1-5. Like is explained in the documentation...

I have used 30 20 * * * because I received that from my switch. (I did an event by telnet and I captured it by wireShark)

do you think it has not been implemented yet?

I did some more searching, and it seems creating events via the cewEventTable is not yet supported for the current release of EnergyWise.  The internal bug is CSCtc17050.  I do not have an ETA at this time on when full support is planned.

What a pity!
But anyway you result my doubts.

Thanks for your time!

Michel

gimp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm comming back!

In order to see the new Cisco IOS, I have updated my switch with this version: 12.2(53)SE2.

But now I can't modify the "CewEntEnergyLevel" from the switch by a SNMP request.

What I get is: SET Failed. Information. General Error.

What does it means?

Maybe a bug or soon it will change the SNMP mib too? or worst it will not anymore implementad?

Thank you!

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: