SNMP OID for 4500 Series Router?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

Router Specs:

Model: 4507R

Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software

Version 12.2(31)SGA9, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: 12.2(31r)SG3

I am trying to monitor a router on my network using MRTG and after getting configs set-up for Traffic and Interface Errors, I would like to now monitor memory usage. The same OID's that work on our 1800 series routers won't work with this router. The only one I found (by using MIB Walk, and getting 60,000+ OIDs from the router) is for "freeMem" --> 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.8.0....

Does anyone know if there are OID's for the router that would be for Memory-Pool Stats, or something like that, and not for buffer sizes, etc...?

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matt,

That image should support the CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB. See ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB.my for all the queryable parameters. You can download that MIB and snmpwalk passing it as a parameter to see the details of objects on your target device.

View solution in original post

Sorry Matt I don't have any first knowledge of that one.

My consultation with the oracle at Google turned up RFC 2737 which defines the entity MIB and some developers guide documentation from Oracle / Sun that gives me personally enough evidence that it's really a programmatic aspect of SNMP that most end users would never have to touch other than perhaps to observe the values populated by a device's firmware.

- Marvin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matt,

That image should support the CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB. See ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB.my for all the queryable parameters. You can download that MIB and snmpwalk passing it as a parameter to see the details of objects on your target device.

Hey mklemovitch, thanks for the reply.

Not sure why maybe I was using the wrong snmp version on the command line when trying to use the Memory-Pool MIBs but now it seems to be working... Thanks anyway!

Thanks again,

Matt

Just like bringing the car into the shop - the noise goes away when someone else listens for it.

Glad it's working for you now.

haha Yea... You said it.

Thanks again,

Matt

Hey mklemovitch,

I was wondering if you anything about these MIBs/OIDs below?

entPhysicalAssetID.1 <---to---> entPhysicalAssetID.6000

From reading what they are on "Cisco SNMP Object Navigator"  (link below), it sounds like you can assign an asset to it. Do you know  how you go about doing that? I Googled the heck out of it and no  luck...

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.15&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT&submitClicked=true

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Sorry Matt I don't have any first knowledge of that one.

My consultation with the oracle at Google turned up RFC 2737 which defines the entity MIB and some developers guide documentation from Oracle / Sun that gives me personally enough evidence that it's really a programmatic aspect of SNMP that most end users would never have to touch other than perhaps to observe the values populated by a device's firmware.

- Marvin

Hey  mklemovitch, thanks for the reply.

Cool.... Thanks, I'll read that over and post back if and when I figure it out.

Thanks Again,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: