cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID for IP route tracks

ca.sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I have a remote router with a track configured to monitor the link to the central site. I have configured an ip sla to report the round trip time and a track pointing to that ip sla to know if the link is OK.

With this configuration, I am able to get from an SNMP monitoring tool the status of the track using the following OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.2.9.1.6 called rttMonCtrlOperTimeoutOccurred. This reports True for a down link (timed out RTT) and False for an up link (within threshold).

I can also use this OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.2.9.1.7 called rttMonCtrlOperOverThresholdOccurred(7) which reports False for a down link (below the threshold) and True for an up link (within threshold).

Monitoring any of these OIDs works OK when using ip sla or rtr with the track, but the issue comes when a router does not support those commands and the only track configurable is an IP route reachability track (track 1 ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y reachability). This track works fine within the router CLI but I can't find any OID to monitor the status of this type of track.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

ftomek
Level 1
Level 1

OID you mentioned are not to TRACK. All rtt MIB refer to IP SLA.

Today I am looking for OID to TRACK and I cant find any. I am affraid they are unavailable.

Strange....

ciscoRttMonObjects is probably as close as you are going to get.  If that is still not what you are looking for then have you considered using EEM?  It's driven by event detectors.

Real-Time Event Detection and Response and Task Automation Using Cisco IOS Embedded Event Manager White Paper

Thanks

ca.sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ftomek, ngoldwat thank you very much for your replies. I haven't found any solution yet, but we are progressively upgrading our remote routers so now we only have very few routers with this issue.