Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID to monitor PPPoE usage

shekhar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have several cisco 3620 being used for PPPoE connections. I want to generate MRTG of the connections. Would anyone have the snmp OID to monitor the number of users?

TIA

Shekhar Basnet

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can try cPppoeSystemCurrSessions from the CISCO-PPPOE-MIB. However, without knowing the version of IOS on your router, I cannot say for certain if this MIB is supported. You can use the MIB Locator tool at http://www.cisco.com/go/mibs/ to find this out.

Hi Jclarke

Thanks for your response. We are using flash:c3620-ik9o3s6-mz.123-5a.bin for 3620 routers. And I found out that we also are using some 2600 series with flash:c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-31 ios images.

TIA

S

The CISCO-PPPOE-MIB is supported at some level in the 3620 image, but not in the 2600 image.

If its not supported in 2600 image, then would it make sense to monitor for "show users" or "show vpdn session" equivalent OID? I went to the Cisco MIB locater site that you had recommended but could not make sense of it. Aren't the OIDs usually in format like 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.24.1.1.2.0 ???

TIA

S

If those objects give you what you want, then by all means, monitor them.

Yes, OIDs are in dotted decimal notation. However, MIBs provide an object name translation for these OIDs. The OID for cPppoeSystemCurrSessions is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.194.1.1.1.

Thank you so much for the OID. I could get the information by snmpwalk using that OID. Now I'll try to generate an MRTG graph using it. Would you have OIDs for "show users" or "show vpdn sesion" also for 2600 series?

TIA

S.

You can try cvpdnSessionTotal (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.24.1.1.2) to get the total number of VPDN sessions on the 2600 series.

Hello there

I have a 7204VXR router

I want to monitor on PRTG how many sessions are opened.

I used the OID u stated above "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.194.1.1.1." i GET in the TEST OID: Error Converting OID

I tried to remove the last dot, so i entered "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.194.1.1.1" and when i did the TEST OID, i got a zero in the end "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.194.1.1.1.0"

and the Value of the OID is always 0

could you please advise what to do?

This is a pic of the above post...

I tried also another MIB that is saw on cisco MIB locator and didn't work either

I suggest you test it in a linux system with snmp tools installed.

With this command you get informations like username and IP address (download the Cisco AAA MIB before)

snmptable -m CISCO-AAA-SESSION-MIB.my  -v 1 -c YOURSNMPPASSWORD YOUROUTERIPADDRESS  casnActiveTable

Gianrico Fichera

ITESYS SRL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: