Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP v3 TRAP

uthayaman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to configure SNMP V3 trap on our routers and switches. I can able send V3 trap to our NMS, but it is mentioned that we need contextengine and contextname to process the trap.

We have configured a simple TRAP configuration without aut and priv.

How can i find the context information.Is this is configurable.How ?

Here is my trap configuration

snmp-server user TRAP TRAP v3

snmp-server group TRAP v3 noauth notify *tv.FFFFFFFF.FFFFFFFF.FFFFFFFF.FFFFFFFF0F

snmp-server host 10.4.x.x version 3 noauth TRAP

Thx

-uthay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need context information for sending traps.  Your NMS will need to know the SNMP engineID of the agent, however.  You can find that with the "show snmp engine" command.  You will then need to configure your NMS with the agent's engineID and authentication/privacy parameters.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need context information for sending traps.  Your NMS will need to know the SNMP engineID of the agent, however.  You can find that with the "show snmp engine" command.  You will then need to configure your NMS with the agent's engineID and authentication/privacy parameters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: