Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP WS-C2960-24PS-L

mailaglady2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem with adding a Cisco switch to the NMS (Smarts). When I start a discovery process from the snmp manager (Smarts NMS) it does resolve the ip address into the hostname but once the discovery process is completed the device in question is not added in the list of managed devices. Please view attached basic configuration and advice if anyone can spot a problem.

Kind regards

Mpho

4 Replies 4

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Can you ping or SNMPWalk the device from the SMARTs server?  If so have you tried deleting the device and re-adding it?

Hi

I have tried to use different IP addresses and the behaviour is still the same, though I knew that changing an ip address won't help but I tried because I ran out of ideas.

I also reset both the snmp agent and manager, and other types of switches that I had in the labs were discovered correctly but these latest 2960S are the ones that are giving me problems.

Question: Can you ping?

Answer: yes i can ping the device

Question: Can you SNMPWalk the device from the SMARTs server?

Ans: Yes I could do an snmp walk but I don't really know how to interpret the output(results), what is the snmp oid that should be entailed on the snmp output which is used for the devices to be managed (added to the list of managed devices)?

Kind regards

Mpho

You can try to SNMPWalk the sysObjectID.

The problem was with the certficates.

My NMS manager is quite old, with the latest version it should me supported out of the box.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: