cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2 = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)

jdaby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Would like some help with the following error message:

SNMP:

bash-3.00$ /usr/sfw/bin/snmpwalk -v2c -c <community-string> 172.17.6.224

SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2 = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)

bash-3.00$ /usr/sfw/bin/snmpwalk -v2c -c <community-string> 172.17.6.225

An "snmpwalk" from an Infovista system to two Cisco 2911 routers fails with the error messages as above - however the infovista system has both full ip connectivity and snmp access to the routers.

Is this a problem with the snmp configuration on the routers or a problem with the Infovista implementation?

Will a debug snmp packets on the router provide any additional infromation?

Any assistance appreciated

Thanks

John

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Kondaveeti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I see you are probably seeing following sort of issue. correct me if i am wrong.

$ snmpwalk -v2c -c r******* 10.156.35.24 sysDescr

SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)

$ snmpwalk -v2c -c r*******  10.156.35.24

So this device is not responding to ANY snmpwalk? If so, please try the following:

[1] Create new SNMP community without Access list

!

conf t

snmp-server community ciscotac RO

!

[2] then go into TCLSH from enable mode and run the below commands:

*         snmp_getone ciscotac 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0

*         snmp_getone ciscotac 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0

For example: (please note my community string is public, you would be using ciscotac)

===========

NMS-7-SW-6509#tclsh

NMS-7-SW-6509(tcl)#snmp_getone public 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0

{}

NMS-7-SW-6509(tcl)#

NMS-7-SW-6509(tcl)#snmp_getone public 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0

{}

NMS-7-SW-6509(tcl)#

-----------------------------------------------

Remove test community string afterwards. If you don't get any output then go to [3]

[3] restart the SNMP Engine. This will remove all your SNMP configuration, so please do

"show run | i snmp-server"  to save a copy of the configuration before restarting SNMP

Engine.

!

conf t

default snmp-server

!

or do the following

conf t

no snmp-server (this will remove the snmp-server related commands)

snmp-server community RO (Any one similar command saved from

"show run | i snmp-server" and this will restore the snmp-server related commands and in the process restarts SNMP).

[4]  If restarting doesn't work then you will need to reboot the device.

* If this resolves the issue then please mark this as solution.

Regards

K. Lakshmi Ganesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: