Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Distribution error 2960S - LMS4.2

isaacalves27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there

I am having a strange issue deploying universalk9-150-2.SE2 to our 2960S. All the switches are stand alones.

LMS gives an error when asking to upgrade the image but the fact is that the new software wents through - if I manually reload the switch everything is fine.

So my question is  - why is RME showing an error if the new image seems to have been deployed?

In attachement one telnet.log.

Thanks in advance for your help.

24 Replies 24

This is the error that I get under verification view:

SWIM0004: Could not get the device context.

And if I try to update the inventory it fails also:

RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to create RME device context.

It is very strange. Checked the docs and those values have no limits...

Really needing help here

Try to make a restart

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

By

Hello Emiliano

I would prefer not to restart the all server. Any ideas on what processes could be causing this?

Best

Isaac

But this command restart only the deamon of LMS no all server . what operating system are you using ? windows or linux

Hello again

I am using Linux.  I will try that and keep you posted.

Best

Isaac

Have reloaded daemon but the problem persists:

SWIM0004: Could not get the device context.

Can not deploy softwaren after having changed telnet and read time parameters.

But you've changed the parameters for individual devices are not general when you discover a new parameters are the default ones.

Hello Emiliano

Thank you for bearing with me.

Thats true but the all pint here was to change those parameters and then to upgrade IOS version, but as soon as I change those parameters it is no longer possible to deploy IOS 15.

Best regards

Isaac

Hello again

I am still having the same issue  - the image upgrade for our 2960S fails consequently. I have followed the BRKNMS-8641 - CiscoWorks Prime LAN Management Solution: Implementation, Configuration, and Troubleshooting - Thanks once more to Vinod for a wonderfull presentation.

After that we have started to troubleshoot this issue on the Ask the Expert session that followed the presentation but did not reached a conclusion: Link to Ask the Expert:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4026702#4026702

In resume what we tried with Vinod was to configure my 2960S swithes with this command:

no snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

As he explained without this command the 2K switches are seen as stack switches by LMS. That helped further - with this LMS could see what device I was using - 2960S-PS-L but after that command was not possible to upgrade the image at all - it stopped already at step 2. Furthermore Update Inventory fails also. So I have changed my SNMP settings again and now Update Inventory works fine.

I really need some help on this because due to the introduction of EnergyWise management and on a near future of ISE we need to be able to deploy the apropriate images without being afraid of waiking up to 100 swithes which image upgrade has failed brrrrr

Our issue is that although LMS shows the task has a failed task for Software Distribution jobs the image gets installed with no issues - after a reload everything is ok. Have tried with different images but the one I would like to deploy now is: c2960s-universalk9-tar.150-1.SE3.tar. Would also like to add that the reload is not a part of the task has this is a production network so normally I deploy during the day and the reload takes place on low business hours.

Will be thankfull for some help or for pointing me some docs that could help on this issue.

Best regards

Isaac Alves

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: