Views
Helpful
Replies

Specify Folder on Cisco Prime FTP Server Setting

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have a shared FTP server. I want to use that FTP server to automatically backup WLC config into a folder named WLC. Can Prime do this? Because when I add the FTP server only IP address is added and Prime saves it on the root folder. And then when I tried to add the path into the IP address on Prime, it says the naming for the server is not right.

Cheers.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This should work, as I found from the doc-link below ; are you on sufficient recent version of Prime ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-2/admin/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfastructure_3_2_AdminGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfastructure_3_2_AdminGuide_chapter_010.html#id_79896

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce,

Thanks for the reply. My Cisco PI version is 3.3. I believe it is quite recent.

Were you referring to the command below?

PIServer/admin(config)# repository repositoryName

PIServer/admin(config-Repository)# url ftp://RemoteServerIP/sharedfolder

PIServer/admin(config-Repository)# user userName password plain userPassword

PIServer/admin(config-Repository)# exit

PIServer/admin# backup MyBackupFileName repository MyRepo application NCS

After some digging, apparently the backup and repository command is to "Performs a backup (Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco ADE OS) and places the backup in a repository" on a certain repository, not for Controller Configuration Backup job under "Administration / Dashboards / Job Dashboard / System Jobs / Infrastructure".

I already configured an FTP server under "Administration / Servers / TFTP/FTP/SFTP Servers" and it did not show up when I issued "show repository" command.