Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ssh tunneling and port forwrading

hello, 

I wanna ask about ssh tunel and port forward

1) between ssh tunel and port forward is just about the encryption, on port forward the packes are not encrypted and on the ssh tunel are encrypted

2) to set up a ssh tunel I need first to set up on mu cisco ASA 5505 a port forward ? and after to instal a server with open ssh on a virtual machine and use that VM to connect remote to orher pc, sw, routers, etc ?

3) can i set up a ssh tunel without port forward?

4) if i use a port forward I need to expose my internel server (vm) to internet and this is a security door ?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have small diagram how you like to do this , interms how these connected what IP address they are to get some clarity

or look below document : (is this what you trying to do ?)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/118996-config-asa-00.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hey, I will add a photo with the diagram, what I want or the question is:

1) the first question is: if I want to access remote but to be secure connection / encrypted  (for management / other things to do ) a pc, sw, sv, etc I need to make a ssh tunnelling yes ?

2) the second question is: if i want to use ssh tunneling first I need to make a port forward ? In  other words, to be enable to use a ssh tunnelling I must set up first a port forward in a firewall or I can do it without set up a port forward?

also I forgot to mention the linux server is with ssh open installed on him, from what i read i need a ssh server that handel the ssh tunel connection it is true ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: